Hi and welcome to Settle the Solar System, a Lunar Homestead podcast.
This episode covers the Habitat Creation component of the Lunar Homestead Shielded Pressurized Oxygen Resource Extraction (SPORE) concept. Being able to create habitable space while extracting resources and staying safe is a game-changing idea. At least I think it is.
- [00:00] – Intro
- [01:09] – Habitat creation
- [03:26] – Pre-assembled habitats
- [05:24] – Inflatable habitats
- [07:02] – 3D printed habitats
- [08:41] – Sintered regolith habitats
- [09:52] – Lunar lava tubes
- [11:34] – Newsletter reminder
- [12:16] – SPORE hull design
- [14:14] – SPORE hull material
- [15:54] – Sealing the hull
- [16:50] – Airlocks
- [20:27] – Research needed
- [22:25] – Subscriber Question – Why are paywalls bad for science?
- [27:23] – Outro
- SPORE allows Homesteaders to create habitable space while mining the resources needed to manufacture the pressure hull of that habitable space.
- The current selection of habitat options are inadequate for real Lunar settlement.
- Lunar iron could be the key to Lunar settlement. It will be a new Iron Age!
- Paywalls hiding scientific research are bad for science. And everything else. They are just bad.
Calls to Action
- Leave a review on this platform and on Podchaser, a podcast review site.
- Subscribe to the Lunar Homestead FREE weekly email newsletter and stay up-to-date on new podcasts, other content, and LH research.
- Financially support ongoing research and content creation.
Next week’s episode will cover how we can use SPORE for settling Mars.
And attempt to answer the question “Can Mars be terraformed?” in just a handful of minutes.