Hi and welcome to Settle the Solar System, a Lunar Homestead podcast.
This episode covers how we can use the Lunar Homestead Shielded Pressurized Oxygen Resource Extraction, or SPORE, concept to create settlements on Mars. Spoiler – it will work great!
- [00:00] – Intro
- [01:05] – SPORE Recap
- [02:23] – Location
- [03:11] – Mars surface threats
- [06:36] – Shielded
- [08:30] – Pressurized Oxygen
- [09:24] – Newsletter reminder
- [10:03] – Resource Extraction
- [11:36] – Habitat Creation
- [12:56] – Needed research
- [14:16] – Listener Question – Can Mars be terraformed?
- [21:18] – Outro
- The Martian surface environment is just as lethal and challenging as the Moon.
- Basalt and iron-oxides are plentiful on Mars.
- Most of Lunar SPORE tech can be used on Mars with no modifications.
- Terraforming Mars is a bad idea, especially with our current technology.
Calls to Action
- Leave a review on this platform and on Podchaser, a podcast review site.
- Subscribe to the Lunar Homestead FREE weekly email newsletter and stay up-to-date on new podcasts, other content, and LH research.
- Financially support ongoing research and content creation.
Next week’s episode will explore how we can use SPORE on other worlds in our Solar system.
And attempt to answer the question “Why are spaceships impractical for a Solar civilization?” in just a handful of minutes.
- Lunar Homestead website
- Ask a question or just say “hi” – firstname.lastname@example.org