Excited about permanent Lunar (and space) settlement? Want to get actively involved? You’re in the right place.
Ongoing monthly financial support is critical to the success of Lunar Homestead. Being able to count on money coming in each month means I can spend less time fundraising and more time on research. And on working with you to make our vision a reality.
So join the Lunar Homestead Crew and make a difference! YOU have skills and talents that we need. The only way something like permanent Lunar settlement will happen is if enough people come together to make it happen.
P.S. – I’m not a 501(c)3 organization so no tax deduction is possible. But who deducts small donations anyway?
When you join the LH Crew through Patreon you are eligible to receive various rewards depending on which tier you joined. These are my way of saying “Thank You”!
Patreon is the primary Lunar Homestead membership processor. I like Patreon because they have an established community, their system is simple to use, and their fees are reasonable (a simple 5%). Plus, it’s free to create a Patreon account.
You can check out the Tier levels and rewards by clicking on the link above.
YOU are making permanent Lunar (and elsewhere) settlements possible.
When you click on the link above you will be sent to a donation page. There is a box you can click to make it a monthly payment.
PayPal is my other choice for payment processors. The problem with using PayPal is that you won’t get any of the “rewards” offered when you use Patreon. Most of the rewards are automated and it would take me a lot of time to manually include PayPal subscribers. PayPal is great if you don’t care about the perks or want to support Lunar Homestead at a different level.
- It’s free to send money. You don’t have to pay any fees on your monthly financial support of Lunar Homestead.
- You can pay from your PayPal account or directly with any credit card.
- You can link a credit card or a bank account to your existing PayPal account. The monthly payment will be pulled automatically from whatever source you choose (PayPal balance, credit card, or checking account).
- You’ll be asked to create an account if you’re paying by credit card. It’s a pain, I know. But PayPal requires it because you’ll be making a recurring payment. All you have to do is fill out the field for an email and create a password. They’ll create the account, link it to the credit card, and you’re on your way. It’s rather painless.
- PayPal is as safe and secure as online transactions get.
- You can Unsubscribe from monthly donations here if you really want to. You’re going to make a Lunar Homestead Scientist cry though.
- It’s only costs me 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. That seems reasonable to me.
Thank you so much for your support!
P.S. – I’ve tried very hard to get the PayPal buttons to work properly. They have resisted my best HTML-fu. Therefore, I have been reduced to using text links instead of buttons. Maybe someone with more skills could help me out!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if neither of these options work for you. We’ll figure something out.