Hi there. Just wanted to let you know what I, and other Crew members, have been working on since the last update.
If you are reading this, and you think LH has value, then please join the LH Crew. The Patron level is only $2 per month (which is pretty insignificant for most people) and every little bit helps.
- I’ve decided to revamp the website and make LH more “business-like”. The goal is to allow me to spend more time doing research and make LH profitable. Look for a lot of changes over the next couple of weeks. Suggestions are welcome.
- Make what LH is more clear. Better define it’s mission and goals.
- Clearly state what LH is doing and what Crew support enables.
- Rework the Projects section to clearly state what the projects are, work that has been done, what needs to be done, how Crew can help.
- Clearly show Crew benefits and LH products/services.
- I participated in a Zoom meeting for a potential NASA Watts on the Moon challenge team. We talked about some potential concepts and whether we want to actually form a team and participate. We landed on having another call in two weeks.
- Want to help with Lunar settlement research?
- You’re in the right place! Database research is the research necessary before a project begins. We need to find out what we already know. You can help by tracking down the widely scattered data so we can put it all in one place.The first step is to Join the Crew and get the LH Research Manual. This will help you with your research efforts.
- I’ll be presenting next week (Thursday at 4:30 EDT) at the Mars Society Virtual Conference (https://www.marssociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Mars-Society-2020-Convention-Schedule.pdf). Tonight I have a Presenter Zoom meeting to go over the technical details.
- Exclusive Patreon posts (Researcher tier and above)
- I posted some links to a cool 2-part article about the Lunar econosphere. It basically talks about a potential cis-Lunar economy. Interesting reading.
- Discord activity (Lunar Homestead Crew only)
- I posted a couple of Lunar news articles.
LH Survival Guide
- Nothing today.
- Director / Membership Coordinator
- I spent many hours on Friday and over the weekend working on the Lunar Development Conference 2020 book. Most of the presenters didn’t bother to send in a paper for the book so we’re using transcription software to convert their presentations to text. It’s a lot of work to then edit the text into something somewhat coherent.
- Lunar Observing program
- Partner Program