Hi there. Just wanted to let you know what I, and other Crew members, have been working on since the last update.
If you are reading this, and you think LH has value, then please join the LH Crew. The Patron level is only $2 per month (which is pretty insignificant for most people) and every little bit helps.
- Just working on stuff.
- Let me know if you have any ideas or comments.
- Nothing today. I’ve got some ideas I’m going to think about over the weekend.
- Too busy with other stuff today.
LH Survival Guide
- Finished “Financing Lunar Homesteads“.
- Started work on “Lunar Homestead legality”. I might get this done over the weekend because it’s going to be pretty short. I’m not a lawyer and don’t play on on TV.
Weekly Discord Chat
Last night’s chat actually went better than I planned. It was still only one person (Thanks James!) and it didn’t last long but it was a start. Let’s go over what I learned:
- Text sucks. From now on the Weekly Chat Session will be in a voice channel. I’ll keep the text channel so people can text if they don’t want to use voice or if we want to continue the conversation after the “official” session is over.
- I need to do a better job of letting people know about it.
- I need to make/use some mechanism to remind people that it’s happening.
- The topic needs a little more structure. Some talking points, reference links, etc.
Next week’s chat is on April 16 @ 8pm Eastern. The topic is “Advantages and disadvantages of living in a Lunar settlement”. Why would people want to live on Luna and what challenges will they face?
The Lunar Homesteader (weekly newsletter)
- This week’s issue is finished. www.lunarhomestead.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/04102020c97g3f5.pdf
- I’ve created a new page to hold the issues that are free to anyone. Right now that’s everyone until the pandemic eases. Once I switch the newsletter to Crew Members only the page will serve as an example of the newsletter for people interested in joining.
- I need to start adding images to the newsletter.
- I’m going back to trying to figure out what kind of project/program could excite and engage the majority of our members and get new members involved. The conference is nice but we need to be able to use it to motivate attendees to become members.