Hi there. Just wanted to let you know what I, and other Crew members, have been working on since the last update.
- I decided to consolidate all the different Updates into a single Activity Update. So, no more SPORE or Research or Business updates.
- I’ve finally caved. I’m going to have to use Facebook a lot more. I don’t like it. I’m not really happy about it. But that’s where everyone is so I need to be there too if I want people to know about LH.
- I’ve started working on how I want to use Facebook, what groups and pages I want to be active in, which ones to just observe, and updating the LH page and group.
- Eventually I’ll get around to Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and all the other things out there.
- I tried out the Basalt Crushing Technique 3 today (I’m still writing it up and will post it tomorrow) using a splitting wedge, PVC pipe, and cast-iron skillet. That actually sounds like the start of a bad joke. Anyway, it didn’t work out as well as I had hoped.
- I was able to crush the rock down to the particle sizes I wanted but it took FOREVER. I went out this morning and tried it and I wasn’t impressed.
- So, I came home and gave it some thought. Then I had an idea and went back out this afternoon.
- My idea was to give a single piece of gravel a couple of whacks with the splitter, remove the splitter from the pipe, add another piece of gravel, and repeat. I figured it might go quicker than trying to bust up a handful of rocks at once.
- And it did speed things up some. But it was still slow and tedious. I’ve got better things to do with my time so I’m going to throw some money and technology at the problem.
- I contacted the manufacturers of several rock crushing tools. I explained my situation and asked if they thought their device would be able to meet my requirements. Hopefully they’ll contact me soon.
- United Nuclear (http://unitednuclear.com) – Cool name! They make some interesting ball mills.
- Goldquest, LLC (shop.crazycrusher.com) – They make the Crazy Crusher manual rock crusher.
- Cobra Crusher (cobracrusher.net/) – They manufacture an angle grinder impact crusher.
- Crisson Gold Mine (www.crissongoldmine.com/) – They also make an angle grinder impact crusher.
- They responded just before I posted this. They basically said “Sure, it crushes rocks”. I’m not sure how helpful that’s going to be.
- I didn’t have time to work on Crew-led Research today. I did find a few papers on various techniques to extract oxygen from rock though. I’ll put them on their respective pages tomorrow or this weekend.
- Jesse has been busy as well so we haven’t made much progress on LOER so far.
LH Survival Guide
- No progress. I need to get working on this if I want it ready by ISDC.
- I’ve got a bunch of stuff I need done before I attend ISDC 2020 at the end of May.
- Getting the SPORE Pressure Experiment 1 rolling is one of the highest priorities because that’s what my presentation will be about. Not just the experiment but the whole SPORE concept. But it would be really useful to have some data in the presentation.