Hi there. Just wanted to let you know I’m still working on the Lunar SPORE project.
Work on the project today:
- Well, my first attempt to break basalt gravel into the necessary particle sizes failed. Here’s my write up of it – Basalt crushing technique 1.
- Plan B
- Maybe use a cast iron skillet as the “anvil”. The material is Lunar-correct and the sides should contain the fine powder and make it easier to recover.
- I might also purchase a small ball mill or rock crusher.
- I could make a small ball mill or rock crusher.
- Regardless of the basalt issue, I need to start building the actual experiment. I want to start generating data by the beginning of March.