This is one possible way to get oxygen for Lunar mare basalt.
- Hydrofluoric acid (HF) solution of hydrogen fluoride (HF) in water. Since this process is in the Aqueous Solutions category, it involves water.
- HF acid is highly corrosive and will cause serious burns. It’s commonly used to etch glass.
- Hydrogen fluoride reacts with any moisture to create HF acid.
- Flourine is not found on Luna
- Parameter check list:
- Any fluoride or fluorine is really dangerous and handle safely.
- This one is a NO.