This is one possible way to get oxygen for Lunar mare basalt.
- Fluorine (F2) is a highly toxic gas at 1 SLH. It’s also highly reactive with most other elements. There is no way we should let fluorine into our habitats.
- It’s also not found on Luna.
- Parameter check list:
- This is dangerous chemical and difficult to handle safely.
PCF plasma processing with F2 gas (need sources)
- Low pressure (950mm torr)
- Low temperature (400 deg C)
- Aggressively reacts with SiO2 material
- Can use SF6 and C4F8
How do we purify the output gas?