Hi there. Just wanted to let you know I’m still working on the Lunar SPORE project.
Work on the project today:
- I’ve spent the last couple of days working on the Moon Society website. We’re getting ready for the launch of the redesigned website and I’m making sure all the pages are in the right place and have a minimum of content.
- Pulled the core data from all the mega-regolith data I collected and put it on the Mega-regolith page. I feel like I’m finished with this page for now.
- Added the core data to the Pressure Experiment 1 page. I’ve decided that I’ll run 6 different simulated mega-regolith samples. These will be generic simulations for bulk density and porosity only. The experiment can’t handle large rocks, which the mega-regolith is full of. Data from these samples might give us a basic idea how the mega-regolith might work and provide the basis for future experiments where particle size and distribution can be tested as well.
- The next step will be to collect some basic regolith parameters without going down the rabbit hole. It’s very easy to get lost in all the fine details. I just need bulk density and porosity.
- I’m not planning on getting much done until next week. Jennifer is off work for the week and working isn’t on the schedule. 😉