Hi there. Just wanted to let you know I’m still working on this project.Work on the project today:
- Reworked the Atmospheric Pressure and Composition to include the new dimensions for a standard Lunar Homestead habitat pressure hull. That’s a lot of regolith we’ll need to process to fill one habitat with Lunar nitrogen. One interesting thing popped up though.
- We would need to process 7,055 metric tons of regolith to get enough free metallic iron to make one pressure hull.
- We would need to process 7,764.26 metric tons of regolith to fill one pressure hull with enough nitrogen for a 78% nitrogen/21% oxygen at 70.11kPa (High altitude mix) atmosphere.
- Maybe we won’t have to import as much nitrogen as I thought.
- Finished the Pressure Hull Shape, Thickness, and Size page. I moved the section on how much iron we’ll need to its own page. I’ll post that page tomorrow.