Hi there. Just wanted to let you know I’m still working on this project.
Work on the project today:
- Added a small section to What is Lunar Homesteading? Just an idea I had about early Homesteaders making the trip one-way only.
- Added to the Lunar Free Iron (more data!) and Projects (added a table with lots of applications for iron) posts.
- Finished data mining Space Resources: Vol 3 Materials. Wow. That is an interesting book. I kept getting sidetracked by all the cool ideas for processing the ore. But that’s for a later phase of the project. J
- Also finished data mining Report of the in-situ resources utilization workshop. Lots of good idea but little hard data.
- Also finished Lunar Surface: Dust Dynamics and Regolith Mechanics. I’m going to be referring to this paper a lot when I get to moving and using regolith. It also has a potentially useful section on regolith simulants.
- Started data mining Extraterrestrial Materials Processing and Construction. This is another huge document that will take me a while to get through.
- I think I’ll slow down on the primary research and consolidate the data I already have. It may be enough to move on with Phase One.