Lunar Homesteading is a new concept for most people. We’ve been conditioned to think of Luna (the Moon to most people) as a lethal place that only major governments can visit. Sure, in science fiction humans are like weeds. We can survive anywhere in the solar system. But we’re told that in the “real world” it will take billions (or trillions) of dollars and years (or decades) to create long-duration bases (or outposts) on the Lunar surface. And so it seems because it has been a LONG time since humans have even visited Luna.
I don’t think that has to be the case. In this section I’ll try to lay out my ideas as simply and logically as I can. Let me know what you think.
Lunar Homesteading Frequently Asked Questions
- Lunar Homesteading at a Glance
- What is Lunar Homesteading?
- Lunar Homesteading “Rules”
- Luna vs. The Moon
- Luna or Mars
- Luna or Near Earth Asteroids
- Luna or doing nothing at all
- Individuals and small groups vs government and corporations
- Cheap access to space is not a requirement
- Safety is not guaranteed
- Why environmentalists should support Lunar Homesteading
- Why supporters of peace should also support Lunar Homesteading
- Why survivalists and preppers should support Lunar Homesteading
- Why believers in extraterrestrial (non-human) life should support Lunar Homesteading
Independent Scientist Frequently Asked Questions
I figure since I’m calling myself an “Independent Scientist” I should also try to define that term as well.
- What is an Independent Scientist?
- Independent Scientists from the past
- What is Open Science?