One of the primary projects of Lunar Homestead is to contribute to Lunarpedia, the Moon Society’s flagship project. The goal is to create a comprehensive repository for everything we know about Luna. Here’s what I worked on today:
- I finished going through the Special:AllPages. I got rid of some unneeded redirects and empty pages. There are still a lot of pages that either need to be moved somewhere else or deleted.
- I spent some time looking at Lunarpedia over the holidays and I’ve decided to put that project on hold for now.
- There doesn’t appear to be anyone actively working on it right now. I’d rather spend most of my time working on LH than trying to revive Lunarpedia. Maybe I’ll change my mind if I see significant activity there.
- I’m also not keen on it being an open source wiki. I spend a lot of time and effort to make sure the information I write is correct. I don’t want someone changing it because they feel like it. There’s a reason why Wikipedia isn’t considered a credible research resource.
- There are no protocols or safeguards in place to ensure that the information and data presented on Lunarpedia is correct. I’m by no means perfect. But I’ll accept responsibility for any mistakes here on Lunar Homestead. And I’ll fix them as soon as I hear about them.
- I expanded the Homestead Database to include all the stuff I would have put into Lunarpedia. It’s going to take me a day or two to get the website all squared away.
- This will be the last Lunarpedia update for a while.